Service Motor Company
The Service Writer plays an important role on our team. This person takes care of paperwork so our technicians can focus on repair work, helps the service manager stay organized and communicate with customers, and is flexible and willing to help out with whatever needs to be done.
On a daily basis, the Service Writer:
- Greets all customers who come into the service department.
- Answers customer service inquiries in person and on the phone.
- Schedules work and contacts customers to provide updates on orders.
- Reviews and explains completed work to customers, consulting with technicians as necessary.
- Opens service work orders when new work comes in the shop.
- Updates customer profiles and equipment information in the computer.
- Reviews and revises work orders for warranty submissions to optimize warranty reimbursement.
- Completes warranty pre-submission worksheets.
- Promotes complementary parts and additional services to customers.
- Calls customers to promote sales, special events, and services.
- Processes transfer requests for new and used equipment to/from other Service Motor Company locations.
- Administers the rental process, including monitoring machinery maintenance, completing contracts, and scheduling.
- Monitors completion of service bulletins and manufacturer recalls.
- Completes monthly vehicle mileage and fuel logs.
- Maintains and cleans work areas.
This is a full-time position and will be scheduled to work approximately 40 plus hours per week.
The right person for this job will have a dynamic personality and enjoy interacting with customers and co-workers. This person will be able to work independently, have a positive attitude, and show initiative and self-motivation.
- Excellent typing skills
- Strong computer skills/knowledge
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Organization and ability and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- High school education or equivalent
- Service writing experience in a dealership setting
- Ability to see with or without corrective lenses. Must be able to wear safety eyewear.
- The job requires an employee to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.