The Service Writer plays an important role on our team. This person takes care of paperwork so our technicians can focus on repair work, helps the service manager stay organized and communicate with customers, and is flexible and willing to help out with whatever needs to be done.
On a daily basis, the Service Writer:
- Greets all customers who come into the service department.
- Answers customer service inquiries in person and on the phone.
- Schedules work and contacts customers to provide updates on orders.
- Reviews and explains completed work to customers, consulting with technicians as necessary.
- Opens service work orders when new work comes in the shop.
- Updates customer profiles and equipment information in the computer.
- Reviews and revises work orders for warranty submissions to optimize warranty reimbursement.
- Completes warranty pre-submission worksheets.
- Promotes complementary parts and additional services to customers.
- Calls customers to promote sales, special events, and services.
- Processes transfer requests for new and used equipment to/from other Service Motor Company locations.
- Administers the rental process, including monitoring machinery maintenance, completing contracts, and scheduling.
- Monitors completion of service bulletins and manufacturer recalls.
- Completes monthly vehicle mileage and fuel logs.
- Maintains and cleans work areas.
This is a full-time position and will be scheduled to work approximately 40 plus hours per week.