2600 American Drive
Appleton, WI 54912
The CNC Programming Youth Apprentice will assist in creating CNC programs for cutting and punching materials in the fabrication department. The main objective of this role is to create CNC programs in a timely manner to keep the fabrication department on schedule and keep CNC machines operating to cut and punch parts for various facilities. The CNC Programming Youth Apprentice will work closely with the production supervisors, team leaders, design engineers, quality control, and materials management to ensure that product, process, and procedural changes are implemented smoothly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
– Clean up extraneous data from CAD drawings and save in format for input to nesting software to maintain a more efficient part library function.
– Apply correct tooling for punched parts, placing tabs to hold part in sheet. Apply correct cutting paths to laser and waterjet parts placing tabs to hold part in sheet.
– Perform nesting of parts, ensuring efficiency of part placement in material sheets; create CNC programs for parts too large for nesting or requiring special tooling such as louvers.
– Compare order revision to part library revision and update as needed to match manufacturing order; verify part is correctly routed to fabrication machines.
– Ensure that CNC programs are delivered to fabrication department before scheduled start date to ensure fabrication stays on schedule and deliver parts in time for next operation.
– High School/GED enrolled student.
– Junior or Senior standing
– Must have reliable transportation.
– Interest in engineering or production industry.
– Ability to use and understand linear measurements, Imperial and Metric Systems, and proficient in reading a tape measure and other measuring devises.
– High level of attention to detail
– Strong verbal and written skills
How to Apply: CLICK HERE