Milk Specialties Global
627 Main Ave.
Adell, WI 53001
The Quality Technician has the responsibility for performing departmental analytical and clerical work in support of the plant Quality function.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
• Conduct and interpret lab tests.
• Package and prepare samples for shipment to third party testing locations.
• Respond to internal calls to answer technical product questions.
• Perform laboratory computations leading to accurate data reporting.
• Troubleshoot lab issues.
• Conduct routine maintenance on all lab equipment.
• Contact lab supply vendors.
• Assist inventory control process.
• Ensure all laboratory chemical MSDSs are reviewed and filed.
• Read and properly interpret documents such as lab results, GMP manuals, HACCP programs and procedure manuals.
• Solve practical problems and comfortably deal in high pressure situations.
• Possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral forms.
• Complete routine clerical work such as filing, checking and entering required information into the computer system.
• Follow plant and laboratory GMPs to maintain a clean work area.
• Advise operations associates to assure GMPs are followed in the plant.
• Perform environmental and product testing and communicate results to the plant and corporate management groups as needed.
• Send timely “Out of Specification” (OOS) notices as needed to internal and appropriate corporate management
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
QA Lab – Exposure to both laboratory environment and manufacturing plant. Subject to noise, odor, dust and discharge from production process. Exposure to various laboratory chemicals.
Light Heavy Work – Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Previous laboratory experience, preferably in a food grade manufacturing facility, strong knowledge of laboratory testing procedures and computer software applications. Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
High School Degree or Equivalent
3rd Shift, 10 hours